Harlem Grown and its co-founder Tony Hillary received a huge write-up in The Huffington Post yesterday, Sept. 28. The article beautifully explains how Harlem Grown was born and what inspired Tony to start this non profit in Harlem. I highly recommend taking the time to read: A Tree Grows in Harlem by Alex Budman. It is so worth it! And after you are finished reading the article, watch this video below. It stars Roderick, an 11-year-old student from the Bronx, who takes part in Harlem Grown.
Search this blog
Photos by HarlemGal
- Harlem getting another Starbucks, new condo on 110th will house Seattle giant
- Attend 10th Annual NYC KidsFest in Harlem, June 21
- Where to listen to Make Music New York in Harlem, June 21
- Seasoned Vegan in Harlem offering half price smoothies
- Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek confirms his son to open a Mexican restaurant in Harlem
- Babbalucci Italian Kitchen & Wood Burning Oven coming to Lenox Ave in Harlem, opening expected this month
- The Taxman comes to Harlem’s restaurant row, Five and Diamond seized says sign
- Blujeen in Harlem now open
- Harlem Standard opening on 115th Street and Frederick Douglass Blvd, aka Harlem’s restaurant row
- Marcus Samuelsson’s second Harlem restaurant Streetbird Rotisserie opens Thursday, here’s the menu
- Harlem Arts Festival Annual Gala April 2
- Spend Easter Sunday at Harlem Shake
- Easter Egg Hunt in Harlem March 28, Free
- Should West Harlem receive ferry service from NJ to NYC? District 7 Councilmember Mark Levine says Yes!
- Gazillionaire father to actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus donates art collection to Harlem non-profit
- Guess which Harlem brownstone landed the front cover of Architectural Digest for March?
- Harlem’s Neil Patrick Harris Promo For New Show
- East Harlem’s La Casa Azul Friday Cinema Series in January
- Blujeen arriving on FDB is by Chef Lance Knowling
- The sign says blujeen, another restaurant coming to Harlem’s restaurant row