Harlem Grown and its co-founder Tony Hillary received a huge write-up in The Huffington Post yesterday, Sept. 28. The article beautifully explains how Harlem Grown was born and what inspired Tony to start this non profit in Harlem. I highly recommend taking the time to read: A Tree Grows in Harlem by Alex Budman. It is so worth it! And after you are finished reading the article, watch this video below. It stars Roderick, an 11-year-old student from the Bronx, who takes part in Harlem Grown.
Search this blog
Photos by HarlemGal
- Spend Easter Sunday at Harlem Shake
- Easter Egg Hunt in Harlem March 28, Free
- Should West Harlem receive ferry service from NJ to NYC? District 7 Councilmember Mark Levine says Yes!
- Gazillionaire father to actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus donates art collection to Harlem non-profit
- Guess which Harlem brownstone landed the front cover of Architectural Digest for March?
- Harlem’s Neil Patrick Harris Promo For New Show
- East Harlem’s La Casa Azul Friday Cinema Series in January
- Blujeen arriving on FDB is by Chef Lance Knowling
- The sign says blujeen, another restaurant coming to Harlem’s restaurant row
- Is Harlem Skin Clinic moving into former ModSquad space on FDB?
- Adorable hat store opens on 116th Street in Harlem, Shatzi Life offering holiday discount
- Marcus Samuelsson’s next restaurant opening? Harlem’s restaurant row says NYT
- Why Harlem should shop Black Friday at DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse on 125th Street
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris explains to Charlie Rose why he lives in Harlem
- Love a big gulp? 7-Eleven opening its first location soon in Central Harlem
- View rendering of new Harlem condo going up on 110th and Central Park North
- Melba’s Restaurant in Harlem to host Sunday gospel brunch on 125th Street
- Lara Land of Harlem’s Land Yoga strikes a different pose, a reblog
- See Beyond The Lights in Harlem November 6, Free
- Corner bodega in Harlem to become new home for Kennedy Fried Chicken and Pizza