The last Sunday of July 2010 is the day Target, a major consumer good store in the U.S., is opening it’s ba-gillionth location in East Harlem in the East River Plaza, which sits at the far east end of East 116th Street. The exact date is July 25th according to this sign being hung up today at the 116th subway stop of the B/C line.
Together with Target opening soon and Costco and Best Buy already operational, the only shops left to open are Marshalls, Old Navy and Pet Smart. Did I leave anyone out?
To date, we have shopped at Costco in East Harlem. We have gone to Costco mainly for bulk paper goods. We find Costco useful for this type of goods cause we experience long term savings and these are the only items we are passionate about in making room in the apartment, but not much else. We don’t have the room.
As for Target, I am looking forward to shopping there! I really like their clothes. They have cute stuff for women! And there kitchen ware is not bad either. I generally like to buy Calphalon at Target. It’s much less there than at places, such as William Sonoma.
Amid Target opening in East Harlem soon, there is really no reason to head to the outer boroughs to shop. I believe we have all that we need right here in Harlem!
Search this blog
- Vege spot opens in Harlem, Lyn-Genet’s Kitchen owned by bestselling author
- Annie’s Juicery lands on Harlem‘s Restaurant Row
- Redesign planned for Harlem Meer area, groundbreaking set for Fall 2020
- Introducing Bean & Barley, opening on Harlem’s restaurant row
- Paint’n Pour opening in Harlem on restaurant row
- Watching Black Panther in Harlem | Racism | Al Jazeera
- Harlem’s coffee scene continues North with ACP Coffee
- Shop stylish kid essentials by Harlem resident, #blackfriday code offered here
- CitiBike station spotted on Frederick Douglass Blvd in Harlem
- Karaoke Night in Harlem begins September 4th
- Ganache Coffee coming to Harlem restaurant row not Honeycomb Burgers
- Meryl Streep spotted in Harlem, The Papers’ cast dine at Row House
- Harlem-based Black Nuns joining real estate madness, selling historic location
- NYC KidsFest brings Performing Artists to Morningside Park, Sunday June 18
- Whole Foods Market opening in Harlem July 21, 125th & Lenox Avenue
- Practice yoga all day long at Harlem’s Soulfest NYC
- Food and Drink Boulevard in Harlem happening May 10
- Farm-to-table restaurant opens in Harlem, Take the A train to Clay
- Shrine World Music Venue in Harlem turns 10
- Bo’s Bagels in Harlem now open