Jun 18, 2010 @ 10:41
This morning (Friday), I walked into Cafe Amrita, located at 301 West 110th Street (between Frederick Douglass Blvd and Manhattan Ave), to get some iced coffee while on my way to work…and I could not believe the scene in there so early in the morning once I entered the place! It it was packed full of people! Harlemites were up bright and early on Friday having their breakfast along with a good dose of World Cup-mania!
I assume the crowd was large due to the fact that the American soccer team was playing Slovenia! Plus they were there cause Cafe Amrita has a nice size screen to watch the soccer games.
If your interested in watching this year’s 2010 World Cup at a public venue in Harlem, Cafe Amrita may be the place for you! Check it out!
And if you can’t make it to Amrita in the mornings, swing by in the evening for Happy Hour, which lasts until 8 PM every night! They now offer sangria! I have had it and it’s quite good and refreshing! I just might go there tonight for some sangria given how nice the weather is and it’s Friday! A nice summer drink to start my weekend in Harlem sounds like the way to go. See you around in Harlem!
Search this blog
- Vege spot opens in Harlem, Lyn-Genet’s Kitchen owned by bestselling author
- Annie’s Juicery lands on Harlem‘s Restaurant Row
- Redesign planned for Harlem Meer area, groundbreaking set for Fall 2020
- Introducing Bean & Barley, opening on Harlem’s restaurant row
- Paint’n Pour opening in Harlem on restaurant row
- Watching Black Panther in Harlem | Racism | Al Jazeera
- Harlem’s coffee scene continues North with ACP Coffee
- Shop stylish kid essentials by Harlem resident, #blackfriday code offered here
- CitiBike station spotted on Frederick Douglass Blvd in Harlem
- Karaoke Night in Harlem begins September 4th
- Ganache Coffee coming to Harlem restaurant row not Honeycomb Burgers
- Meryl Streep spotted in Harlem, The Papers’ cast dine at Row House
- Harlem-based Black Nuns joining real estate madness, selling historic location
- NYC KidsFest brings Performing Artists to Morningside Park, Sunday June 18
- Whole Foods Market opening in Harlem July 21, 125th & Lenox Avenue
- Practice yoga all day long at Harlem’s Soulfest NYC
- Food and Drink Boulevard in Harlem happening May 10
- Farm-to-table restaurant opens in Harlem, Take the A train to Clay
- Shrine World Music Venue in Harlem turns 10
- Bo’s Bagels in Harlem now open