Land Yoga in Harlem at 2110 Frederick Douglass Blvd has been open for about a month and like most new businesses in Harlem, it hasn’t had a slow day since. Their schedule is in full swing, students are showing up in large numbers in LED classes and specialty teachers are in place, such as a health and wellness counselor. With these building blocks in place, it is now time to celebrate with a grand opening celebration. Land Yoga Harlem invites you to their grand opening this Saturday, July 23 from 4-7:00 pm. Lots of cool stuff are planned. Here is the lowdown:
- There will be yoga demonstrators doing yoga in front of the building!
- Packets of material will be available that includes schedule, regular and one day only party rates, and information on wellness practitioners: Ed Genece, Serena Dawn, and Candice Taylor!
- All retail will be 10% during the party!
- Free reiki or wellness treatments and henna will be offered!
- The yoga room will be decorated in a moody world theme with flowers and candles by Franz James Floral and accented with music design by DJ David Chang.
- There will be a sampling of all natural, no cal sokenbicha tea by Anita Bryant.
- Food and Drink will be provided by 5 and Diamond, 67 Orange, bier international, Harlem Tavern, Lido Italian Restaurant and Bar, Nectar, Red Rooster Harlem, Society, and Zoma.
- Land Yoga will announce one day discounts, which can be added to any existing package.
- A PERKS program will be launched, which will offer gift cards from bier international, Lido, and Society for 3, 6, and 12 month Land memberships. 3, 6, and 12 month members also get in-house perks such as 5%, 10%, and 20% off wellness services and retail discounts too!
- Also, Land Yoga will introduce a Friday night interactive workshop series, a workshop on Mindful Eating hosted by wellness guru Candice Taylor and based off the book Savor, which is sold at Land Yoga.
- Special guests include the local Daily Troop. They will be in attendance in uniform. Land Yoga is a site sponsor for the local Daisy troop.
- And most importantly, Land Yoga will be raising money for a local food bank.
So a lot is happening for Land Yoga’s celebration. Come out Saturday afternoon and have some fun with us. I will be there as well as some of my fellow yoga classmates! Hope to see you there!