Dec 8, 2010 @ 14:52
If you were wondering who sits on the Board for the famous Apollo Theater in Harlem, wonder no more. Around noon today, the Apollo notified several constituents that last night, (I guess after the holiday lighting event?) they elected seven new board members for its 2010-2011 Winter/Spring Season.
The new directors are Marcus Samuelsson, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, Leslie Uggams, Luis A. Miranda Jr., Maya Harris, Marcella A. Jones, and Ingrid Saunders Jones.
Congrats to the new board members and good to know for us Harlemites!
Search this blog
Photos by HarlemGal
- Shop stylish kid essentials by Harlem resident, #blackfriday code offered here
- CitiBike station spotted on Frederick Douglass Blvd in Harlem
- Karaoke Night in Harlem begins September 4th
- Ganache Coffee coming to Harlem restaurant row not Honeycomb Burgers
- Meryl Streep spotted in Harlem, The Papers’ cast dine at Row House
- Harlem-based Black Nuns joining real estate madness, selling historic location
- NYC KidsFest brings Performing Artists to Morningside Park, Sunday June 18
- Whole Foods Market opening in Harlem July 21, 125th & Lenox Avenue
- Practice yoga all day long at Harlem’s Soulfest NYC
- Food and Drink Boulevard in Harlem happening May 10
- Farm-to-table restaurant opens in Harlem, Take the A train to Clay
- Shrine World Music Venue in Harlem turns 10
- Bo’s Bagels in Harlem now open
- Beginner ballet classes now offered at Harlem Tae Kwan Do, classes start March 11
- Is Melba’s restaurant in Harlem open or closed?
- Bo’s Bagels expected to open soon in Harlem
- Harlem Globetrotters to be in Harlem February 15, meet up at noon
- Little Bean Coffee coming to Harlem, 111 Central Park North location opens January 22
- The Cecil in Harlem to close after three years
- Harlem organizations partner with FIT to present Harlem Holiday Windows, free tours provided