Harlem Harvest Festival (presented by Harlem Park to Park) takes place today from 11am to 4pm at 116th Street and St. Nicholas.
There is something for everyone at this one-day fall festival featuring food, farmer’s market, artisan products, family and kid friendly activities food/baking competitions, classes and live performances by local Harlem businesses and community members. See full schedule here:
· Activities/Stage/Live Performances – Bikram Yoga East Harlem class at 11:30am. Main stage: Whole Foods Market live cooking demonstrations 12:45 & 1:45pm, performances by Harlem Swing Dance Society at 3:15 and Majica Latina Jazz Group at 3:30 pm; DJ Stormin’ Norman & Sundae Sermon hosting.
· Kids Corner – Chloe the Yogi Children’s Yoga at 12-12:30pm; Arts and crafts, pumpkin carving, face painting, NYPD rock climbing wall and The Bubble Man
· A ‘Taste of Harlem’ featuring Harlem restaurants and retailers offering seasonal tasting menus for purchase such as Babbalucci, 67 Orange Street, Sexy Taco, Seasoned Vegan, New Harlem Besame, Settepani, Sol Cacao
· Cook-off (1pm)– Annual Cooking competition showcasing culinary dishes prepared by Harlem residents – categories are:
– Healthy Soul food dish (vegetarian or meat)
– Healthy side dish using produce found at farmers markets
· Bake-off (2pm) – Annual Baking competition showcasing baked desserts prepared by Harlem residents. Categories include: Best Pie, Best Cake, Best Cookies/Brownies, Best Cupcakes
· A Farmer’s Market & Artisanal Food Fair featuring fresh vegetables, produce (pumpkins, fruit, etc.) from New York farms as well as food from artisanal food vendors and wineries/breweries available for purchase.
· Whole Foods Market Artisanal Vendor Review 12-3pm – local Harlem artisanal vendors will have an opportunity to present their products to Whole Foods Market foragers/buyers for the new store coming to Harlem.