A little pajarito tells HarlemGal Inc that the Johnny Rockets we blogged about back in October is aiming to open in the next week or so. That’s if they pass inspection and can get their gas turned on. Whether its next week or not, they’re prepared to open in the immediate future in the East River Plaza, which is located at the end of East 116th Street. Stay tuned!
Search this blog
- Jeff Jacobs Music comes to Harlem
- Vegan Hood to open on Harlem’s restaurant row
- See Reclining Liberty art installation in Harlem’s Morningside Park
- Harlem’s Cantina Taqueria & Tequila Bar moves over one avenue
- A Cantina 8th Ave coming to old Bier International space in Harlem?
- Watch The Mitchells vs The Machines April 30 on Netflix
- Pods arrive in Central Harlem along with a gigantic mural
- Dragon Sushi Harlem opens
- Dragon Sushi rolling into a familiar Harlem space
- Root Juicery of Harlem is open, stop by 112th and FDB
- Bixi, new Harlem restaurant opening next to Lido
- Free film screening in Harlem, See Black and Blue Oct. 9
- Vege spot opens in Harlem, Lyn-Genet’s Kitchen owned by bestselling author
- Annie’s Juicery lands on Harlem‘s Restaurant Row
- Redesign planned for Harlem Meer area, groundbreaking set for Fall 2020
- Introducing Bean & Barley, opening on Harlem’s restaurant row
- Paint’n Pour opening in Harlem on restaurant row
- Watching Black Panther in Harlem | Racism | Al Jazeera
- Harlem’s coffee scene continues North with ACP Coffee
- Shop stylish kid essentials by Harlem resident, #blackfriday code offered here
The food is terrible.
The food may just be average, but I like the decor..that ole fifties look with a mini jukebox at every table. East River Plaza is really out of the way for me, so I think I will wait until they offer a 50% off Groupon or Living Social deal before I venture over there.
My entire family has been anxiously awaiting the opening of Johnny’s. I think we’ll be the very first customers when it finally opens. I can’t wait!!