The Harlem Business Alliance is holding their Annual Business Plan Competition once again. This year is their fourth year for the competition. The HBA competition is designed to support small business ventures in the Harlem area. The competition’s participants need to meet the following requirements; be at least 18 years old and a legal resident or U.S. citizen; live in Upper Manhattan and have an interest in establishing a for-profit start-up business in Harlem; or be an owner of an operating for-profit business located in Upper Manhattan with maximum annual gross revenues of $500,000. This competition provides the grand prize winner with $5,000.
Important dates to remember if you’re interested in competing:
- Business Plan Information Session, Wednesday, April 18th l 6:30 PM-7:30 PM
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 6th l 6:00 PM
- Business Plan Deadline: Wednesday, June 20th l 6:00 PM;
- Finalists Selected: Thursday, July 12th
- And Finalists Presentations: Thursday, July 19th 6:00 PM-8:00 PM.