The second annual East Harlem Harvest Festival is happening this weekend, October 27, at 116th Street and Park Avenue. The event starts and 10 am and will last until about 6 pm. See full list below of what to expect at this years East Harlem Harvest Festival.
And check out last year’s coverage of the Festival as well. We attended and had a wonderful time. See you there this weekend!
- Flea Marqueta’s 30+ Local vendors
- Urban Garden Center’s pig roast series called El Boar-rio featuring sauce infused with Riazul Tequila
- Beer Tent pouring the Harlem Brewing Company’s Sugar Hill Beer
- Live Music by Blue Maky a blues band from Columbia
- DJ Mellow G will be spinning all day at La Marqueta’s “Placita”
- Bohemia Realty and Tutubell are hosting a Children’s Zone…Face Painting, Pumpkin Painting and lawn games
- There will be a Soul Food Hut, an Empanada stand, a Popcorn stand, Cookies by our 9-year-old entrepreneur Mr. Corey’s, Coffee and Desert by La Bella Torte, a food truck
- Composting and Urban Farming workshops hosted by Dr. Eluem Blyden the creator of Phytopod (manufactured right at Urban Garden Center)
- NYRP and MillionTreesNY teamed up with Urban Garden Center to give away 100 FREE trees starting at 10
Posted in 116th Street, Community, Events, food, Free!, Harlem, Harlem bloggers, Harlem blogs, HarlemGal, kids, Things to do in Harlem, Things to do with kids in Harlem, Urban Garden Center
Tagged 10029, East 116th street, East Harlem, East Harlem Harvest Festival, flea marqueta, Harlem, Harlem Brewing Company, La Marqueta, things to do with kids in harlem, Urban Garden Center
The good folks behind East Harlem’s Urban Garden Center sent us their event line up for September and October. And as always, there is lots of fun things to do in this section of Harlem.
Mark your calendar. The East Harlem Harvest Festival will take place on Sunday, October 27th from 10 am to 6 pm at La Marqueta on 116th Street and Park Ave. We went last year and had a very good time. This event is a celebration of East Harlem’s retailers, restaurants, bars, institutions, parks, history and more.
On September 15 and 29, and October 13 and 27, there will be a pig roast called El Boar-rio at La Marqueta starting at noon. Flea Marqueta is hosting this event on specific Sundays because that’s when the market is open where you can shop for artisans, food and enjoy entertainment.
Interested in sponsorship and vending opportunities at these events? Email email@example.com for more information.
Posted in art and culture, business, Community, entertainment, Events, food, Free!, Harlem, Harlem blogs, Harlem businesses, Things to do in Harlem
Tagged East 116th street, East Harlem, flea marqueta, Harlem, La Marqueta, Urban Garden Center