There are several Harlem establishments participating in the seventh annual Make Music New York, “the largest music event ever to grace Gotham,” tomorrow June 21, such as Harlem Food Bar, bier international, The Winery and more. There is a new addition to this global musical event. Frederick Douglass Circle will be participating in Make Music New York starting at 5 pm at 110th Street and Frederick Douglass Blvd where Frederick Douglass Circle is located! See details below!
Posted in 110th Street, 111 Central Park North, art and culture, bier international, Community, entertainment, Events, Frederick Douglass Blvd., Frederick Douglass Circle, Free!, Harlem, Harlem blogs, Harlem Food Bar, Harlem Restaurant Row, Harlem restaurants, music, New York, New York City, NYC, Things to do in Harlem
Tagged 10026, bier international, Entertainment, Frederick Douglass Circle, Harlem, Harlem Food Bar, make music New York, The Winery
Generally when reading about Harlem’s famous or busy streets in the press, it usually about 125th Street, Lenox Avenue or Frederick Douglass Blvd. This time in today’s (Feb. 17) Wall Street Journal, the focus is on West and Central 116th Street in Harlem. The article states there is a gathering of new businesses and future projects, many of them created due to the large condominium buildings, and many of them are drawing more street traffic to a gentrifying stretch of 116th Street, specifically from FDB to Fifth Avenue.
The existing businesses mentioned in the article are very well-known already in the neighborhood, such as The Winery and its plans to open up a Japanese restaurant, Harlem Shambles and BBraxton, a sleek male salon on 116th and Fifth Ave. What was surprising-at least to me-is that the developers of the Kalahari Condo “hope to begin construction within a few months on two new buildings: a proposed 85-unit building on West 116th, across the street from the Kalahari, and a mixed-income building with about 110 “affordable” rentals on West 117th.”
To read the full article, click here.
Posted in 116th Street, apartments, business, commercial real estate, Harlem, real estate, restaurants, shopping
Tagged 116th Street, 125th street, BBraxton, Harlem, Harlem Shambles, Photos by The Wall Street Journal, The Kalahari Condo, The Winery, wall street journal
Feb 8, 2011 @ 7:30
Tonight, several Harlem businesses, such as Harlem Flo, The Winery, Make My Cake, Tonnie’s Minis, Aloft Hotel and Yatenga, are gathering together to “Kiss & Tell.” Well, not exactly that, but sort of! These Harlem businesses will be on hand Tuesday evening, starting at 6 p.m., to offer gift advice for Valentine’s Day. According to Harlem Flo’s Facebook site, the February 8th event will “feature unique and creative gifts items that you can purchase for your loved ones for V-day and there after.”
So if you need something for your cupid or yourself, head on over to Harlem Flo, second location at 2276 Frederick Douglass Blvd., at West 122nd Street.
Posted in business, Community, Events, fashion, Free!, Harlem, New York, New York City, NYC, restaurants
Tagged 2276 Frederick Douglass Blvd., 2280 Frederick Douglass Blvd., Aloft Hotel, Harlem, Harlem Flo, Make My Cake, The Winery, Tonnies Minis, Yatenga
Jan 7, 2011 @ 8:46
In December or January there are always these “best of or the top ” lists created for various sectors. The Winery in Harlem, located at the corner of 116th Street and Frederick Douglass Blvd., recently created and sent its customers a list of their “best value-driven wines selected by popular demand.” They separated their list by the top ten selling in Red, White, Semi-Sweet and Sparkling.
I know I made the Malbec reach first place in the Red wine section. That’s mainly what we purchase. If you’re wondering what sells at The Winery, scroll down ! Have a great weekend!
1. Tutela NV Prosecco
2. Parxet Cuvee 21 Cava Brut NV
3. Drusian NV Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Brut
4. Castillo Perelada NV Cava Brut Reserva
5. Graham Beck NV Brut
6. Domaine Vigneau-Chevreau NV Vouvray Brut
7. Champagne De Montoux NV Brut
8. Hacienda Brut NV Blancs de Blanc
9. Conte Loredan Gasparini-Venegazzu NV Prosecco
10. Finca Flichman NV Extra Brut
1. Anakena 2010 Sauvignon Blanc
2. Hacienda 2008 Chardonnay
3. Frenzy (Mt. Nelson) 2008 Sauvignon Blanc
4. Isabella 2009 Pinot Grigio
5. Finca La Linda 2009 Viognier
6. Barco Viejo Chardonnay 2008
7. J. Moreau Blanc
8. Nelson Bay by Seifried 2009 Sauvignon Blanc
9. Spilmbergo “Fantinel” 2008 Pinot Grigio
10. Raoul Clerget 2008 Macon-Villages
1. Tilia 2009 Malbec
2. Fia Nobile 2007 Cerasuolo di Vittoria
3. Finca La Linda Cabernet Sauvignon 2008
4. Protocolo Tempranillo 2008
5. Celliers Contemporains 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
6. Cecchetti ‘Red Tree’ 2009 Pinot Noir
7. Due Torri Pinot Noir Della Venezia 2009
8. Terra Noble 2009 Merlot
9. Altovinum Evodia 2008 Old Vine Garnacha
10. Galadino ‘Bonifado’ NV Malbec
1. Cantina Gabriele Dolcemente Semi-Sweet Cabernet
2. Borgo Maragliano ‘El Calie’ 2008 Moscato d’Uva
3. Rothburg 2009 Riesling Spatlese
4. Marenco Strev 2009 Moscato d’Asti
5. Cantina Gabriele Vino Rosso Semi-Sweet Kosher
6. Heron Hill 2008 Riesling Semi-Sweet
7. Silver Creek 2008 White Zinfandel
8. Chateau Les Pins 2005 Primage Red Rivesaltes
9. Butterfield Station 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon
10. August Bonhomme ‘La Forcine’ 2009 Vouvray
Jan 16, 2010 @ 0:40
Due to a change in rent and needing more space, The Winery, which is currently located at Frederick Douglass Blvd. between 116th and 117th Street, is moving to 257 West 116th Street. Work is happening now on the new space in order for the move to be completed in about a week. Product offering will remain the same. The only things that are changing is location and the awning. When you come out of the B and C train at 116th, you will see the new Winery location on the northeast corner of 116th Street.
The Winery (new location)
257 West 116th Street
New York, NY 10026
Jan 9, 2009 @ 19:12
If you are interested in pleasing your taste buds with “the wines of Alsace,” stop by The Winery tonight on Frederick Douglass Blvd between 116th and 117th Street. They are haveing a wine tasting from 6-8 pm on select Friday nights tonight…and it’s FREE! Stop by the store for more details! See you there!
2166 FD Blvd
Harlem, NY 10026